Outfits Inspiration cute life Links

Wednesday 6 August 2014

FLASH BACK FASHION - LUELLA SPRING 2009 RTW

I was bedridden with the flu for most of the weekend and didn't feel up to my regular weekly outfit post (didn't think you would be very interested in my pj's!). I did manage to get a lot of hand sewing done and I will have a new piece to show you soon, one positive out of being forced to sit still.

So instead of what I am wearing,  I thought it might be fun to do a bit of a "Fashion Flash Back." 
2009 doesn't seem that long ago, but in the fast paced fashion world it may as well be 100 years. 

I have written about my admiration for Luella Bartley in a previous post about New York Fashion week. Her collections were a huge inspiration for me when I was studying fashion and this show in particular has always stuck in my mind. 

The ladylike silhouettes and accessories, combined with a loud colour palette and clashing prints, fuses together in a way that has to be seen to be believed. I can imagine it being a range, that if you tried to explain it to someone with out visuals, you would be met with  a look of confusion and maybe even horror.

One of the things that is so clever about the collection, is that amongst all the quirkiness there are a lot of very commercial and even conservative pieces.

I will continue to look forward to the direction she takes with Marc by Marc Jacobs and in the meantime will trawl ebay every now again, wistfully hoping that the love heart shoes will magically pop up for sale. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment